Friday, 30 October 2009

Kate Moss for Topshop


It's here again. The next launch of Kate Moss's new collection for Topshop. Reviews have so far concentrated on the Japenese and Chinese influences of kimono style dresses, exquisite silks and orient inspired prints. For me, this style isn't the greatest of her collection. Maybe because I don't think a kimono translates well to the everyday woman of Britain, and can easily look quite trashy and cheap, apart from of course, on Kate Moss.

Easy, ditsy floral dresses, waistcoats, and the satin shorts of the latest collection are pieces I think Kate does best. Items that can be mixed and matched in a way that looks effortless and 'throw on',  for me epitomises Kates' style. I love how she can take a basic everyday piece and whilst keeping it effortlessly simple, makes it sexier to look at and to wear: a tee shirt with a stunningly low back, a simple, body-con LBD with ostrich feather sleeves, and shirts in sheer, rose painted prints.

I'm not one of those people who sees a celebrity/designers collaboration with a highstreet store and has to have every piece in order to feel like I have a piece of the person themselves. I'm always interested to see what they've come up with, and usually there's a couple things that are really interesting to the eye...the only problem being that they're interesting to thousands of eyes....and on a night out, my eye will witness hundreds of them on the dancefloor. Therefore, make like Kate yourself when she customises her own designs: choose your favourite pieces and make it work for you.



Ostrich dress £85




Rose print shirt £50
Tailored satin shorts £45




One shoulder Hawaii dress £60

I love those shorts...and the sheer shirt will be perfect for the start of Spring/Summer!

So what do you guys think? Will you be rushing to Topshop today?

P.S- How gorgeous is her hair!?! Mine is frazzled at the moment...maybe it's time for the chop a la Miss Moss?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... not sure about anyone else. I was a little disappointed with the latest Moss collection.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. why does everything look sooo much better in the pics. it all usually looks soooo trashy in the store... i die for that last dress though. ugh.

    http://thekatiegirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)