Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Stolen Girlfriends Club.

Honestly, I hadn't heard of this brand until Fashion Gone Rogue featured their latest look book online. Nevermind that though, because I'm quite taken by it. On my return to uni, for my final year (gulp) I'm going to my first ever uni ball, and I'm already thinking about/planning what to wear. I want to go for something quite simple and understated. The kind of dress you throw on and it somehow does all the work for you without looking too try hard. The one thing a dress of this kind must have is the cool factor. It has to be 110% cool and just work effortlessly. Stolen Girlfriends Club latest collection encapsulates this vibe. Even the model has that 'I don't even need to brush my hair because it just looks good' kind of hairstyle, which on me just looks plain lank and makes my family comment that I'm in desperate need of a hair cut, but just looks annoyingly right with the collection.

(Definitely click the pictures or go to Fashion Gone Rogue to see them full size. They look alot better.)




Sure, it does waver ever so slightly on the 'not tried hard enough' line, but I really love the simplicity of the looks. While fashion moves on, I am still crazy about emphasised shoulders. Make them round, make them pointy, I don't mind, but make them big at the very least. So I'm liking the softly sculpted shoulders on the tees of this collection. I'm a bit beyond the pastel shades, but I love the peachy, buttoned up shirts and the organza shorts are refreshing when suede and leather variations have been leading the way so far.

I had a look on Stolen Girlfriends Club website, but couldn't find this look book anywhere. On some of their previous collections there's some interesting stuff. By interesting I mean there's some good and some plain weird (odd hats in particular). But I'll definitely be keeping them on my radar. And for the ball? I might just try out that black dress with the mesh cut out on top. What do you think?


Souce: Fashion Gone Rogue. 
Stolen Girlfriends Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)