Tuesday, 28 September 2010

New Season Coats

Every season you have to say goodbye to a few well loved pieces to make way for the fresh and new things you've coveted. For me, it's time to say goodbye to my trench coat which is one of my favourite wardrobe pieces. It's not that I want to let it go either. To be honest, I'm being forced by my waistline to give it up because it just won't do up without there being those hideous taut lines telling the world it's being stretched to its limit. It is a size 6 so I don't feel too bad that it no longer fits, and though I'm going to up my spinning classes I don't think these annoying extra pounds are going to disappear any time soon. If you've experienced the cruelty of a Northern winter, you'll know that you really need a coat that you can properly do up and fit a few comfortable layers underneath, so it's aurevoir trenchy and hello new coat!

I've already pretty much decided that I'm going to buy the River Island aviator jacket anyway, but it's too much of a trend piece to be my only coat and it won't go with everything I wear. I want something with a bit more longevity, so I'm looking at getting another trench (I would probably buy the same one again if Topshop still had it!) or a military style, because they always seems to be in fashion. I blogged a while ago about this one and I've still got my eye on it, but I've also just spotted this camel lovely at ASOS.



And it's 3/4 sleeves will force me to try wearing the elbow length gloves I've been secretly dying to try.

First of all, I have to actually sell my trench coat and so I turn to you lovely readers. If you're a size 6/8 and are looking for a Topshop trench with padded shoulders you might just want mine. It's been worn with love but it's also been cared for and is as good as new.
Let me know if you're interested !

Source: asos.com


4 comments:

  1. I want you to get the internet back soon please lady! I'm missing your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha tell me about it! I miss blogging, reading blogs and seeing what's going on in the world generally!! I've just got my new laptop, but the uni internet makes you reload every page about ten times so no images will load on Blogger. Nightmare! Will do soon though, hope you're well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god your internet spounds worse than mine! What laptop did you go for? Blogger is pretty poor at the moment at showing images and uploading them to be honest, I know Gem had loads of trouble, she's just tweeted about it again actually! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the Dell inspiron in red, wanted the pink but it was out of stock and without a phone or internet it was needed asap. Technology seriously has it in for me this year, everything I touch seems to break!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)