New York fashion week has nearly come to a close and already some trends have started to emerge. Fur, monochrome, 'proper coats', and lady-like sophistication are themes commonly surfacing across the shows. Currently my favourite looks derive from the mod style, monochrome palette seen at DKNY - a collection I'd be able to wear in its entirety.
My reference to 'proper coats' stems from my Dad, who always looks at my trench coat or leather jacket and says 'what you need is a proper winter coat!'. What he means is something padded, puffy, very warm, and severely unattractive. However, the stereotyped Mancunian favourite, the parka coat, has seen a revival on the runways alongside the long lost (and rightly so) puffa jacket, so even my Dad has a trend to be pleased about.
What trends/collections do you like so far? I can't wait for Proenza Schouler.
P.S - I decided to sell my Asos Avenue boots, so they're now on eBay if anyone wants them.
P.S - I decided to sell my Asos Avenue boots, so they're now on eBay if anyone wants them.
Sources: style.com/style.it




Loving the monochrome! Always a classic change after a summer of colour (and I think this one is going to be particularly neon!). I reckon Dr Martens should be cashing in on the mod-inspired look!
ReplyDelete