Saturday, 11 June 2011

New Things: Mini Maybelline Haul

I don't know about you, but even if I go into Boots for nothing more than some hand wash, I can end up with arms full of shopping and a dent in my bank card. Today is a prime example of this.  I went to pick up some cereal and milk from Tesco and I ended up in Boots buying Maybelline's 'Lasting Drama' gel eyeliner, Colour Sensational lipstick and Dream Touch blush, 2 boxes of Garnier Nutrisse hair colour creme, and a pack of No7 face wipes. To be fair, I did get offers on all the products. At the moment in Boots, Maybelline is 3 for 2, Garnier Nutrisse is 2 for £8 and the No7 wipes are just £2 (usually £7), if you use the £5 vouchers which were available last week.

L-R Colours: 109 Rosy Dream, 01 Intense Black, Apricot


I've heard only good things about the gel eyeliner and my best friend recommends it over Mac's fluidline, while make up artist, Lisa Eldridge says it's a true rival for the more expensive brands. I'll let you know what I think of the product once I've properly tried it out, but on face value they've done really well with the packaging. It comes in a large box (which makes it feel that little bit more special than if the pot was available by itself). There's a small brush inside to apply the eyeliner with and the pot has a frosted, minimal style, which makes it look more expensive than it actually is (£7.99). I'm more than happy to have it as an addition to my makeup bag, unlike their Colour Sensational lipstick, which looks like a bargain bucket drug store lippy. However, the colour is gorgeous. It's a glossy, baby pink which isn't too cool in tone. It's got more pigment than some of my sheer Mac baby pinks, so I thought I'd give it a go. I've also been in need of some blusher as I only have two! I've always found it's better to put a cream blusher on top of cream foundation, so I'm hoping it comes out well. It's a warm, peachy gold, which feels amazingly creamy to touch and blends really well.



I tried to take photos of the colour swatches, but my camera just doesn't capture them at all!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! I've got to start clearing out my stuff, ready for the big move back home next weekend. It's still so surreal that university is over. I'm dreading moving back home, but I've still got Glastonbury to look forward to which makes it all feel that little bit further in the distance.

9 comments:

  1. I've only heard good things about this gel liner, my friend swears its the only reason her eyeliner ends up so perfect - she always struggled to use liquid ones. I'm deffo tempted by this one as soon as my liquid one runs out! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're gonna love the liner, so easy to use. That lipstick is a lovely color too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the eyeliner as well, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that gel eyeliner looks wicked! I'd love to try it but then again I think I'm too clumsy to get a perfect line with that hahaha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I know EXACTLY how you feel, I'm forever buying a few "extras" in Boots. So glad for my Boots card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you're gonna look absolutely beautiful when you use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wanna give that gel eyeliner a try x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous buys, I am loving the color of that lippie! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely concur on the eyeliner! It is better than Mac. Blacker and softer!
    Enjoy :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)