When I graduated, my life, unbelievably, seemed to slot fairly simply into place. I don't know who my Fairy Godmother was, but she seemed to have taken studious note of all my sartorially sweet dreams and swiftly made them a reality. From English graduate to fashion intern, to fashion assistant, to fashion editor - I could barely stretch my arms wide enough to catch the shower of clothes, shoes and handbags that were literally falling to my feet. In such an impossibly short space of time, I'd ticked off a large portion of my fashion dream list and been thrown into an exhilarating whirlwind of front rows and shopping sprees, which I could share with like-minded fashionistas via my blog. It wasn't until I slipped between my bedsheets at the end of a long and hectic day that the reality of my life finally hit me.
BAM!
I woke up. In a caravan. To unemployment. Oh reality, you taste bitter on the way down! Yes readers, all of the above was nothing but the sweetest of dreams, although the thin thread of truth there was that I am, in fact, a recent English graduate, whose life only seemed to make some sense once I realised I could combine my passion for writing with my obsession for fashion.
Despite looking like I should be parked up on the curb of a seafront selling Mini Milk's and Mr Whippy's, this is actually my humble abode since finishing uni. And while I may seem to be the definition of 'trailer trash', I can assure you that this little caravan dreamboat quite literally splits its seams with my wardrobe overspill and penchant for LOOK magazine.
![]() |
| Practising my front row chair perch |
So, just why should I be front row at this autumn's LOOK Show? Well, to work in fashion journalism quite literally is the dream for me, but I'm absolutely determined to make it my reality. Currently blogging from my caravan in an idyllic but dreary seaside town, even I have to admit that my dream couldn't possibly seem more out of reach, but to be given the opportunity to blog from the front row of the Look Show would make it all seem that much more hopeful. The abundance of fabulous prizes on offer are enough to make anyone enter, but I'd love to be chosen as one of the final bloggers because the experience of momentarily being a part of the elusive fashion mag industry, that I so desperately want to work in, would mean so much to me. Without meaning to be hideously cheesy, everyone is looking for someone to give them the chance to prove themselves, and I hope that the LOOK team thinks that this could be my one.

Ah, seeing all the other entries has made me excited about all my blogger friends!! I just posted mine today too - really nervous about it! Good luck and fingers crossed for us! x
ReplyDeleteFab post!!! Good luck!!
ReplyDeletexx
Your caravan is cuuute. Loved your approach. Eek fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteHelen, X
I think it's really sweet! Good luck :)
ReplyDeletehttp://ninety2wo.blogspot.com
Good luck! x
ReplyDeleteWow I love the photos, really lovely! =D Excellently written little post too x
ReplyDeletewww.thelittlestpictureshow.blogspot.com
wonderful post. the best of luck!! :D.
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable. Good luck!
ReplyDelete▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲
What a story! Congratulations on being shortlisted! I wish you best of luck for the next step!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Emily
http://www.thestyleexplorer.blogspot.com/
Aw bless your heart, what a lovely entry! Is it fun living in a caravan? I remember being in them when I was young and loving them : D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on making the top 20! Good luck for the final 5! :)
www.i-cant-walk-in-heels.blogspot.com
xxx
Im realy loving your story hun. Congrats on being a finalists for the look competition. Would love to read your coverage on the autumn show!
ReplyDeletexo
I genuinely love that you live in a caravan!! xx
ReplyDeleteyou are really good.. Wish u best luck ever.
ReplyDeletexx from London