Thursday, 9 February 2012

Fashion: Givenchy's Flower Skirt

As a die-hard fan of a good dress, it seems only natural that I should extend my sartorial vocabulary and start wearing skirts. Aside from the odd maxi skirt, which sadly tends to lurk, neglected, at the back of my wardrobe, I have a surprising lack of them. The mere thought requires too much effort. Whereas a dress can be thrown on and you're out the door, a skirt requires choices. Decisions. A thought process. Admittedly, aside from choosing what to wear up top, deciding what shoes and whether to wear tights are decisions which can arguably be attributed to dresses too. There's just something about a skirt that seems far too exhausting for someone like me, who is all about making style as effortless as is humanly possible. 

However, I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck in a style rut and venturing into the somewhat unknown territory of skirts is, for me, quite an exciting prospect. Especially when the High Street is coming up with such fantastic interpretations of the one pencil skirt which managed to stitch itself into my mind: the Givenchy floral skirt from the Resort 2012 collection.

Givenchy floral skirt available from Barneys



SHOP:  Tropical Print Skirt, £38, at Topshop, Floral Pencil Skirt, £26, at Dorothy Perkins, Kaleidoscope Floral Print Skirt, £45, at Oasis, Palm Mirage Pencil Skirt, £40, at Warehouse

The Topshop option is just keeping the edge as my favourite choice, but the Warehouse option is a very close second. I like that it's slightly more reminiscent of the Givenchy 2011 collection. I know we'll soon be looking at what we'll be wearing for AW12 any day now, but as ever, I seem to be one step forward, two steps back. 

8 comments:

  1. The prints are beautiful I love them, thanks for sharing lovely

    Eda ♥

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! Am so fed up of the cold and wearing layers of black and grey. Bring on the sunshine! River Island do a skirt which is pretty much the same as the Givenchy skirt.

    http://ivefallenoutwithmyjeans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving these printed skirts! not sure if im brave enough to wear it though! x

    http://highstreetfashionlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're definitely worth a try. Just wear a really simple top. I love Carine Roitfeld's outfit when she wore the AW11 skirt with a simple black shirt.

      Delete
  4. The Givenchy skirt is amazing, and the Topshop one isn't bad either.. I actually really want a printed skirt too, but I get the feeling these would be too long for me since I am super-short.. ASOS Petite section, here I come! xox

    http://myobsessiondujour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the topshop one a little while ago, I haven't been able to wear it yet due to the crap weather but honestly it fits SO well and the print makes you look like a curvy goddess.
    Give it a try!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)