Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Dolce and Gabbana Heels

A proper image of ELLE UK's September 2012 subscriber's issue hasn't been released yet (as far as I can tell), but it came through my door the day after I posted about Rosie Huntington-Whiteley being their cover girl. The subscriber's version was a little bit disappointing, especially for a September issue - it's basically a zoomed out version of the news stand edition. However, aside from Rosie's insanely long legs, I was seriously distracted by something else - her shoes. 

Dolce and Gabbana Sandals at Luisa Viaroma

Completing the entire Dolce and Gabbana look is a pair of incredible heels that first appeared on the runway of the design duo's Fall 2012 collection. Although I'm a sucker for a great pair of heels, it's a shame the real highlight of the cover stems from the rose adorned platforms. 

The price is almost as staggering as the heel too at £1742.62, but you can excuse your purchase with the 'but they're pieces of art' line...

What do you think of Rosie's shoes? What did you think of the subscriber's issue?

2 comments:

  1. I love the shoes - although I think they would have to stay on display as Things Of Beauty and never be worn. Can you imagine stepping in a puddle in those bad boys? Or getting stuck in a grate? Cringe - and a whopping 2 grand? Yeep!

    I'm an Elle subscriber too and to be honest all I saw was legs and shoes! I think the none subscriber cover has more impact, but then I guess it has to as it's on a shelf trying to self itself rather than slipping through the letter box of an Elle convertee (like me!).

    http://ivefallenoutwithmyjeans.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally right about the newstand vs subscriber covers. I wish standard covers would use less text though.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)