Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Beauty: Benefit Make Up Haul


I recently treated myself to a load of new Benefit beauty goodies after having not used the brand for years! I often read a lot of good things about their products on other blogs, especially the bronzers and mascaras, so I decided to give some things a go for myself...
Brows A-Go-Go brow and eye shaping kit £26.50
First up is the Brows A-Go-Go brow and eye shaping kit. It really has everything you need to get both your eyes and brows in shape, including a shadow duo in light and dark, a mid brown brow wax, mini black eyeliner, brush applicator, highlighting powder and illuminating cream plus a pair of mini tweezers. This has become a staple in my make up bag. I like to keep my day time make up as fuss-free as possible, so I use the light brown on both my brows and eyelids in the morning. You could always add the darker tone to the outer corners for a simple smoky eye, but I tend to use that in the evenings on my brows for when I'm going out. The tweezers are fantastic at grabbing tricky little hairs and the eyeliner is the perfect size for popping in your handbag on a night out. Overall, this is the perfect all-in-one kit for your eyes and brows! 

Hoola Bronzing Powder £23.50, Little Flirt Lashes £11.50
Like the brow kit, the Hoola bronzer has gained an essential place in my make up bag. It's so pigmented that you only need a tiny bit of product to gain an instant effect. It's the perfect shade for me and is brilliant for sculpting your cheekbones. It's the best bronzer I've ever used and I'll definitely be buying it again. I'll admit the brush has become my kitten's new favourite toy - it wasn't great for applying or blending the powder - so I now use an Avon sculpting brush, which works really well.

As for the Little Flirt lashes, they are exactly what they look like - dramatic! I can't say they're easy to apply because I really think lashes are only easy to apply if you're good at applying them! I loved the spiky, wide-eye lash look they created, but for the price I will be sticking to my Ardell favourites.

They're Real Mascara £18.50, Magic Ink Eyeliner £14.50
They're Real mascara - this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. The brush is one of those plastic, flexi brushes, but it's not as densely packed as MaxFactor's False Lash Effect (my ultimate mascara). The formula is what I would describe as quite 'wet', so it can go a bit gloopy on your lashes, but it does create a full, super long lash look. Again, it's the price point that brings the review down - while it was a fantastic mascara, False Lash Effect does an equally good (if not better!) job for a cheaper price.

Magic Ink eyeliner - I've tried pretty much every eyeliner form there is going: gel, liquid, pencil, pen and I still can't decide which one I'd opt for. If you're looking for something quick and simple this is a great option as it gives a really opaque black line with a slightly glossy finish. It lasts around 9 hours before I find that my kitten flicks start to fade, which isn't bad!

Overall, I'm really impressed with Benefit products. The downside is their price, but on the other hand they are genuinely fantastic products, so it's well worth the indulgence. I'll definitely be buying Brows A-Go-Go and Hoola bronzer again, if not the eyeliner too!

Do you use Benefit products? Which are your favourites?

2 comments:

  1. I love benefit , although i bought the eyelash glue before and i was so disappointed i brought it back , it was the worst eyelash glue i have ever used (and i've used lots hehe) the eyelashes look fab though :)
    check out and follow my blog if you like it :) ( i have just started and its for all things beauty/fashion/lifestyle related)
    Thanks so much
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Benefit products, and I've currently got my eye on the Hello Flawless liquid foundation! Hope all is well, Cassie. Your blog is looking great - hope to see you soon at this year's Look Show! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)