Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Couture Couture Couture

I really should have organised myself a little better and grabbed myself a little patience at the same time, so that I could have just popped all these couture posts into one tidy little number. However, patience is not an attribute of mine and when I see a gorgeous couture collection get posted up online, if I like it, I just have to post it here.I'm always really excited about the Elie Saab collection, and the last two seasons of couture have undeniably lived up to my expectations. Partly I love them because at heart, I guess I love a little princess glamour - the big, floaty ballgowns which Elie Saab is so brilliant at creating.

The collection for this year was a little disappointing to me, not only because it didn't have as many big, floaty ballgowns as I expected but also because there wasn't enough 'wow' factor. You know, Givenchy had the 'wow' factor. Elie seems to have a penchant for the one sleeve look at the moment, which I find incredibly annoying. Asymmetric shoulder where both sleeves are short, yes. One whole sleeve while the other arm lingers bald as an eagle like it hasn't been completed? No. The finale gown seemed overly OTT compared to the sleek, understated elegance of many of the others too.

However, though it wasn't as brilliant as I expected, I would do alot to get the chance to wear one of those gowns, and I would happily welcome any one of them into my wardrobe. There were some pure beauties, and practically all of them appeared to be designed entirely for major red carpet events. I'm still in 'nude' mode (as in the colour palette), but a lot was made of next season's deliciously seductive red.

My blog posts are becoming a little taken over by couture at the moment, so instead of posting up every look I loved (the collection comprised 45 looks, so there were a few extra special lovelies), I managed to pick out my absolute favourite.






What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous09 July, 2010

    I lovelovelovelovelove it. I wish a) I was getting married and b) I could afford it. Dream dress!

    wolfwhistle.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the way the bottom of this dress flows!

    http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)