Sunday, 15 January 2012

Beauty: No7 Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Writing reviews of products is an area of blogging that I have never tried or wanted to venture into. There are so many reviews and video tutorials out there that will you tell you every single good and bad point of a product, that I've never felt a need to add my two cents. More often than not I will research product reviews on blogs before I make a purchase (and they do influence me!), so I do find them genuinely useful, I just feel there's only so many ways you can photograph and discuss a product before your blog post is just the same as everybody else's. However, on rare occasions, I come across products that really impress me and it's always been at the back of my mind to share them with you. So, with 2012 being my year to become more organised with my blog, I've decided to stop thinking about it and finally share some of my top products with you. 


Having extremely sensitive skin, this hypo-allergenic cleanser instantly appealed to me. The product states that it is a 'luxuriously soft, foamy facial cleanser' that will 'wash away make-up and impurities' to leave your skin feeling 'fresh, clean and invigorated with a healthy glow'. For once, I can agree with everything on the product label. My past experience with cleansers has usually been that I've had to partially remove my make-up before or after use, and I've often have to cleanse twice, if not three times, to really remove all traces of my make-up and to leave my skin feeling deep cleansed. Thankfully, just two pumps of this cleanser removes all traces of my make-up and leaves it looking incredibly fresh and clear. Although it contains bilberry and sweet maple, it has a very, very mild fragrance - subtly sweet and slightly reminiscent of plain soap. I've often found that cleansers which successfully clear your skin of make-up and impurities, also tend to leave it feeling uncomfortably tight and dry. The opposite is true of this one. I really can't tell you enough how wonderfully soft this left my skin feeling. I couldn't stop touching my cheek! At £8, this cleanser is only slightly higher in price than the typical drug-store brand, but it leaves your skin feel so luxuriously soft that it's entirely worth it. As I said, my skin is ridiculously sensitive and is often left a shade of burning red after cleansing even when I use products that are intended for sensitive skin. I experienced absolutely no irritation with this one whatsoever, so I'd say it's ideal for sensitive and acne prone skin types. 

At the moment, when you spend over £5 in Boots you get a free £5 voucher to spend on No7, which makes this cleanser just £3. I really can't recommend it enough!

I'd love to know what you thought of this cleanser if you've used it, and what cleansers you'd recommend.

I'm in no way affiliated with Boots. I just want to share any products with you that have truly wow-ed me!


P.S If there's ever a quiet spot in my blogging, or you just want to explore more Dressing Miss Dolly, then take a look at my Tumblr, which acts as my moodboard and online inspiration scrapbook and is updated more than anything else!
www.dressingmissdolly.tumblr.com

11 comments:

  1. great Post!! I really want to try this now and I think I have a No7 voucher lying around!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so much good stuff about No7's skincare range, but never really tried any of it! I either use Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser or Superdrug Vitamin E hot cloth cleanser, depending on my budget for that month haha
    xxx


    http://angiebeautybelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm constantly trying out new cleansers and i might just have to give this one a go!

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    www.windycityfashionistas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI
    Beauty: No7 Gentle Foaming Cleanser
    I'm quite pleased with the ifonrmation in this post.nice and useful!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My skin is really sensitive and I'm always having trouble finding the best cleanser! This looks wonderful! Do you know if they sell in Australia?

    Your blog is beautiful, the title really drew me in, it's so quirky! :)
    xo Maria
    http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently bought this with the £5 off No7 voucher you spoke about haha. I have to pay a lot of attention to my skin as it's been acne-prone for 6 years now, so finding an affordable hypo-allergenic product is like hitting the jackpot for me! I found this really easy to apply and very gentle on my skin, and after rountinely using it for just over a week now I've definatley noticed a difference to my skin. It's a lot brighter and softer and is nice to use a porduct that does smell of chemicals! xo http://simplesophiecn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really rate it as I noticed a big difference after one use - my skin was so soft and felt really clean without feeling dry, which is rare! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately Boots don't, but I'd be happy to send one to you if you paid via PayPal 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Their hot cloth cleanser is also lovely. It smells nice and is really creamy, but I do prefer this one x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely recommend it. And even if you don't like it, you won't have wasted much money! 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)