| Topshop Luxury heels, Topshop jumper, Vogue UK, ELLE UK |
Happy 2012 everyone! I know it's late, but this is my first post of the new year, so it's obligatory. So far, aside from working, my new year has consisted of retail therapy, early nights in bed reading my favourite magazines and building upon my knitwear collection (of course, only I would begin to do this just as stores start to stock the first of their spring collections).
Today was retail therapy day. I finally felt like I could brave the High Street, which I tend to find is a relatively horrific experience at the best of times without crazed sale shoppers, gale force icy winds, and the general frenzy that occurs post-Christmas, added to the mix. Some semblance of normality resumed today, which made shopping quite enjoyable (I might love fashion, but shopping is not a favourite past-time). Importantly, I managed to replace some old, but beloved boots. Not only were my old ones letting in the incessant rain, but the very internal structure of them was starting to make its way into my feet, so new boots were a necessity purchase. My second footwear buy of the day came in the form of Topshop's aptly named 'Luxury' heels. A combination of the sale and a gifted voucher meant that they were mine for a mere fifteen pounds! At that price I considered them a necessity too.
For most people the new year brings New Year's Resolutions. For once I haven't made a big list, just two key goals that I'd like to achieve.
1. Move to London
2. Take a big step toward becoming a Fashion Writer
No pressure...
I've also been thinking a lot about my blog. For those who have followed Dressing Miss Dolly for a while, you might have noticed that my posting has become a little sparse recently. That's partly due to the fact that my new job leaves me glued to a computer, so the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is starting up my laptop again. However, the main reason I haven't posted much is because I just haven't enjoyed it for a while. Unfortunately, I feel like I've lost my way with my blog by posting about things that I felt I 'should' be writing about, rather than what I have been really interested in. That's not to say that the content of my previous posts hasn't been something that I've genuinely been passionate about; I just feel like I've given up on pursuing what I originally wanted to achieve through blogging. When I first started Dressing Miss Dolly I wanted to learn as much about the fashion industry as possible and to connect with like-minded people, which I have continued to do to a degree, but not to the extent that I would have liked. Also, aside from fashion, writing is my true passion and my blog was intended to allow me to combine them both. Truly dedicating time to writing about what I'm passionate about in the industry has fallen by the wayside, so it's something I'm determined to get back. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be posting a lot more, but I'm trying to think 'quality over quantity' when it comes to blogging. 2011 was still a fantastic year for Dressing Miss Dolly and I'm thankful for all of the great things that I managed to achieve because of it, but I'm positive that 2012 will be even better!
Cassie x
beautiful shoes! the February Elle is brilliant, i love Dakota and i'm loving all the spring collections x
ReplyDeletehttp://highstreetfashionlust.blogspot.com
Nice post Cass! x
ReplyDeleteI love the shoes! I can't wait to read this issue of Elle. I picked it up today as an incentive to complete my 4,500 word essay...I can't read it until the essay is finished and handed in!
ReplyDeletelove those shoes! and i avoided the sales...apart from the fact that i was working the boxing day sales haha. i saw my fair share of aggressive shoppers that day!
ReplyDeletewww.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com
-Emily.
Happy New Year. Not trying to backhand diss what you're doing now, because I actually really like your blog, but I think the change in blog style will definitely be worth it :)
ReplyDeleteI made the change a year or two ago, because whilst the blog started intimately in terms of my likes and ideas, it transformed into something I was not happy with. Now it is back to a more personal and considered tone. Where I used to get 60 comments a day, I now get around 5. Probably all the writing, which seems to be a turn off to most who would just like to 'love the photos' mindless comment to increase their own blog exposure. But this way it is more fulfilling, and I get emails from people who actually engage with the topics and we can have discussions on a one-on-one basis. I'm learning so much more this way.
those shoes are so freaking gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHello Cassie! I just wanted to say that I love your blog and I really mean that. I may not post many comments but I do check it regularly, so I am sad that you won't be posting very much. Please do stay in touch via Twitter though.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you will get to move to London soon. :]
gorgeous shoes!
ReplyDeleteSerendipity Style Blog
amazing shoes, amazing blog following xx
ReplyDeleteThank you! x
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, and of course I will! I'll still be posting, but probably mainly on the weekends. Unless I get myself organised and get them scheduled! x
ReplyDeleteHey Syed, I completely agree with you! And while getting more comments etc is lovely, you feel like you're selling out a bit if you're not posting about what you're really passionate about, and I found I was losing the enjoyment I used to have from blogging. Trying to get it back now though :)
ReplyDelete