Unfortunately, when you think of bridal ranges on the high street, very little - if anything - more than the frill-full corner at the back of BHS or the softly lit section of your local Monsoon springs to mind. It's for this reason that Richard Nicoll's bridal collection for Topshop has really got me excited. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of going down any aisle other than the one at my local supermarket, but I, like many other women, will hold my hand up and confess:
I am a fantasy wedding addict.
With prices ranging from £75 - £300, the 7 piece collection is ideal for both budget conscious and fashion conscious brides alike. However, if you're certain (and you do have to be certain) that the bride is following a more traditional dress route, I think the dresses would make great choices for the stylish wedding guest. The collection is a combination of marshmallow pinks and creams. Both options are lovely, but I'd opt for a pink style to avoid stepping on the satin shoes of the bride.
As the UK is currently devoid of summer goodness, the soft, pastel pinks offer a much needed injection of warmth to your wardrobe. I'd fully embrace the girlish sweetness and wear the the lace mini frill dress with a simple ChloƩ clutch and statement Charlotte Olympia heels. The bonus of the entire collection is that you'd easily be able to wear the dresses again to less formal occasions. I can imagine wearing my choice of dress on a cool, summer evening abroad too...
What do you think of the collection? Would any of the dresses make your fantasy wedding dress list?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)