Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Zara's Valentino-Alike Kitten Heels

It's taken a while for me to fully come around to the concept of a kitten heel. It's difficult enough to abandon any form of a heel to wear flat shoes (which are not comfortable despite the lies people will insist on telling you), but a kitten heel? That little nubbin of a non-heel? I've never been convinced -  until now. I was almost swayed a few years ago when Alexa Chung had to be surgically removed from her Valentino studded kitten pumps, however platforms were still standing strong too, so I towered on with my 6 inch stilettos. The kitten heel saga diminished some-what over the subsequent fashion seasons, never fully able to push its tiny form into the wardrobes of the mass market, but now I think times might finally be changing. 


In Zara's latest collection for autumn 2012, a pair of nude kitten heels have emerged that bare more than a passing resemblance to the Valentino sell-outs that have come before them. They feature sequin embellishment rather than studs, which is a slightly sad indicator of their high street origins, but I still think I can find a place in my shoe cupboard to love them. I just wish I'd not been so afraid of this trend 2 years ago...

I notice that Zara have named them 'pointed medium heels'. I wonder if that's because the term 'kitten heels' is still not cool?

What do you think of kitten heels? Will you be wearing them?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my those Zara heels are going straight on my wish list. They are so cute xx :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting - don't forget to click 'Follow' if you like my blog! :)